Friday, April 10, 2020

Drunken Master - Day 4

I’m not a big Kung Fu fan as an adult -- as a kid I loved those movies, I'd watch them on local Philly TV on Saturday afternoons but eventually I lost interest over the years. I bought an “action” bundle of movies off iTunes a few months ago and this was included. It is a highly regarded Jackie Chan film so I decided to give it a try. I really enjoyed the scene where the teacher beats his students, I’m not sure why…
Chan plays Freddie, an incorrigible youth with no respect for his family or masters, but a strong since of right and wrong. His father hires the Drunken Master to improve his Kung Fu and give him discipline. It’s very comical, in a Three Stooges kind of way, as the master’s Kung Fu is only good when he’s drinking. He teaches his student the style of the 8 Drunken Gods and to respect his elders. The fight scenes are staged with precision
and the film never drags. Jackie Chan displays an athletic prowess that’s unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hammer - Day 16