Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Swimming With Sharks - Day 1


A movie I should have watched 20 years ago. I always thought Frank Whaley and I looked a lot alike at that age. This movie made Keven Spacey's career. It's about the abuse a movie executive's assistant is forced to endure. The assistant gets fed up and kidnaps his boss.
I wonder if David Spade watches this and experiences PTSD flashbacks? Spade was once held hostage by his assistant Skippy. 
It also stars Michelle Forbes from Kalifornia and 24 and Benicio Del Toro, young and very thin, shows up. I never heard of the director though. This the second movie Kevin Spacey gets kidnapped in. The first was The Ref with Denis Leary. This does seem a bit over-blown and over-conceived, but highly entertaining none the less. The love story is a bit unbelievable. I didn't buy it.  The lighting is very 80s. If you've ever hated your boss you'll like the torture scene. I have a feeling Kevin Spacey isn’t too far from this character in his real personality. Glad I finally saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hammer - Day 16